Back to AIHPA Home Page
High Power Association Inc
The AIHPA is an incorporated Association with the Dept of Fair Trading. It was conceived in 2002/03 after the growing interest in international multi distance, position and course rifle shooting. Finally, a group of dedicated shooters founded the AIHPA in 2004 after changes in shooting direction and structures of service shooting in Australia.
The information about the AIHPA forthwith is not the constitution, or is it meant to represent it. Following is general information about the AIHPA that is stood by and used as a means of guiding the association into the future.
A copy of the constitution is available to AIHPA members only, and always remains the property of the AIHPA.
AIHPA was started by small group of dedicated shooters who had a vision:
The highly successful and competitive High Power service and match rifle courses from other countries around the world are a perfect fit for these ideals and vision.
The AIHPA is an incorporated Association, run for shooters, by shooters.
The AIHPA is apolitical and seeks to be as inclusive as possible - not elitist or exclusionist to any legitimate, honest and positive sport shooter, course, club or association.
Elected committee members must act on behalf of the members, the sport and associations best interests.
The AIHPA will be run in accordance with its rules – the constitution. The constitution, policies, and resolutions of meetings, will be used by the association in the best interests of the AIHPA objectives.
The following graph shows the AIHPA hierarchy. For the association to function, it is not necessary for all positions to be filled. Un-filled positions become known as “vacant”. As a minimum, the association only needs an elected or accepted leader, who would assume the role as President. It is permitted that one person may hold more than one position.
is made up of President, SVP, JVP, Secretary and Treasurer.
The AIHPA offers shooters membership that is unique, and very inexpensive, considering the scope of this international flavoured shooting association. The small membership cost to be part of this association is a small sacrifice to help the sport, and should be well within reach of every active shooter.
members specifically enjoy the following benefits:
The annual membership fee is set, per the latest membership form. This fee may change from year to year. Also, membership may be for multiple years at the choice of the candidate.
Associate Member for physically challenged:
Reason: Shooters who may suffer from, or develop, a debilitating physical challenge may have to give up active participation in shooting sports (in this case, High Power). Although they may retain their licence and firearms, their days of competitive shooting are past, and remaining a financial member of the AIHPA may not be warranted or affordable. To keep shooters a part of the AIHPA, also as thanks for their years of patronage, an Associate level of membership may be available.
Guidelines for Associate Membership: Beyond standard membership requirements:
- One-off fee of $10, and only eligible on the back of an expiring membership (cannot cancel or postpone a current full financial membership for an associate membership then recommence the full financial membership when choosing).
- Have been a fully financial member of the AIHPA for 5 years (total, does not need to be consecutive).
- Has no voting rights, and cannot hold any type of AIHPA office position.
- Is not eligible to gains by any AIHPA programs, or rewards from such programs (examples. Grand Prix, Australian Rifleman, Qualification, etc) during the Associate Membership period.
- Must be majority approved by the committee.
- Can become a full financial member at any time without needing to pay the "joining fee".
- Can be rescinded at any time as approved by the committee without rebuttal or dispute.
- No date expiration for the life of the associate member, unless the associate member begins actively shooting, which will immediately cancel this associate membership and full financial membership will be required. Or, a maximum associate membership period of 5 years, then confirmation of interest to remain an associate member is required.
- Membership is considered after application/request by the member/candidate.
A non-member may shoot in "open", "semi-open" or "closed" AIHPA events in accordance with rules or conditions of that event.
It is the ambition of the AIHPA that every shooter interested in multi-position, mulit-distance sporting & target shooting will take up membership, because we offer a well structured and credible shooting association for the better of the sport, and the competitors.
The AIHPA, as an administrative body, can sanction club matches and accept scores for shooter classification and qualification per our sanctioning guidelines. If the event is approved by the AIHPA, event results may be used towards shooter rankings and/or any series championships.
On joining the AIHPA, members agree to receive promotional and informational mail outs.
Member details are kept privately by the association, and may only be revealed to an officer where contact is required to be made with a member for the sole purpose of AIHPA business.
Appointment or election of AIHPA office bearers (executive, committee or volunteers) automatically rules that member details be made available to office members for making contact. Officer details beyond the above will be kept private, per above, unless permission approves otherwise.
All, or any, ranges that can support our courses of fire, or any part thereof, are encouraged to contact the AIHPA for any advice or peripheral equipment (such as targets etc.). The AIHPA will support all the efforts by clubs to ensure a successful exhibition, that will hopefully become a regularly run event. The AIHPA will also do its best to provide an experienced representative to attend, and assist, the host club if required.